Read these articles:
Answer the following questions:
1) Describe in your own words what is the problem that is being addressed? Why is it important?
2) What system is being modeled? Identify the system boundaries, processes, inputs and outputs.
3) How the system is being modeled? Identify the main state variables, parameters, initial conditions and boundary conditions.
4) What is the optimization method used to solve the problem. Describe the method.
5) What are the objective functions, constraints and decision variables?
6) What are the main conclusions and insights generated by the use of optimization? Analyze critically the methodology, identifying limitations and weaknesses and provide suggestions to better address the problem.
Giacomoni, Marcio, "Water Resources Systems Analysis Reading Assignments" (2016). All ECSTATIC Materials. Paper 77.