Date of Award:
Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA)
Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning
My continued professional and personal interest in the functions and design of public parks influenced me to generate a project theses that explores various aspects of a park's development. My intent is summarized as follows:
1. investigation of social and physical aspects of public spaces in the urban environment
2. generation of a realistic project program based on the needs and desires of the specific user groups for a case study park site
3. application of a design methodology to the case study park site
4. development of a site design that meets program requirements
5. production of the working drawings necessary for the park's implementation to further investigate construction techniques
This project thesis has little value as a contribution of significant information to the landscape architectural design profession. However, it served as a viable approach for specific and thorough investigation of public spaces and an application of a park in an urban situation.
Mayor-Reed, Carol, "An Urban Park Design for a Neighborhood Environment in Logan, Utah" (1977). All Graduate Theses and Dissertations. 4572.
Copyright for this work is retained by the student. If you have any questions regarding the inclusion of this work in the Digital Commons, please email us at .