Faculty Forum Minutes
Taggart Student Center Auditorium
- Welcome and review of the outcomes of last year’s forum discussion – Vince Wickwar
- Are faculty being adequately consulted on issues affecting health care benefits? If not, how can we strengthen the process and procedures? In addition, what suggestions do you have for future changes in health care benefits?
- What are the impacts of increasing enrollment at a time of decreasing faculty numbers? What should be done about these?
- What are the implications of the proposal to merge the School of Graduate Studies and the office of the Vice President for Research?
- The University leadership has stated that improving faculty compensation is a high priority in coming budget discussions. What are the top priorities of faculty for new compensation? Should we target salary inversion and compression, overall cost of living adjustments, and/or merit pay increases?
- How do we deal fairly with tenure and promotion of faculty at all campuses (i.e., RCDE, USU-CEU, and Logan) whose role statements are mostly teaching?
- How do we better integrate faculty at RCDE and USU-CEU into their departments here on campus?
- Open forum – other topics of interest from faculty members
Utah State University, "USU Faculty Forum Minutes, November 1, 2010" (2010). Faculty Senate & Faculty Senate Executive Committee. Paper 141.