The Panguitch Experimental Livestock Farm is located three miles north of Panguitch, the county seat of Garfield County. Prior to 1909 it was held by the United States as an Indian school. In 1909 the United States Congress transferred title to the State of Utah. Two years later, in 1911 , the Utah Legislature decided that this property should "be used as an experiment station in connection with the Agricultural College of Utah ...", and control was vested in the Board of Trustees of the Utah State Agricultural College.
Hulme, B. F., "Bulletin No. 237 - Panguitch Livestock Experimental Farm Progress Report" (1932). UAES Bulletins. Paper 201.