During the winter of 1865-1866, the people had settled in that part of Logan which subsequently became the Fifth Ward, went into the mountains after logs with which to erect a school house. his house was finished early in 1866 and stood on the Northwest corner of Block 15 of Plat "C" Logan City Survey. The building measured 16 by 20 feet; subsequently, an addition was made to it. As soon as the house was finished, the saints residing in the neighborhood commenced to hold meetings and day schools as well as social entertainments in this pioneer public building.
Ricks, Joel E., "Logan Fifth Ward History" (1950). Joel Ricks Collection. Paper 4.