Utah Library Association Conference
- Students need scaffolded, authentic opportunities to practice and develop research skills.
- Interdisciplinary faculty collaboration on assignment redesign facilitates peer feedback that isn't usually available.
- Bringing librarians to the assignment design table establishes stronger connections with and among teaching faculty and promotes deeper learning opportunities for students.
- Reflect on where students get stuck.
- Make the implicit explicit.
- Scaffold the research process.
- Offer formative assessment and opportunities for peer learning.
- Consider authentic, "renewable," or public-facing end products.
Wishkoski, Rachel; Lundstrom, Kacy; and Davis, Erin L., "No Really, We Can Help with This: Librarians Facilitating Research Assignment Design" (2017). Library Faculty & Staff Presentations. Paper 105.