About This Journal
The Journal of Western Archives is a peer-reviewed, open access journal sponsored by Western regional archival organizations. The journal focuses on contemporary issues and developments in the archival and curatorial fields, particularly as they affect Western archives and manuscript repositories. Submissions that provide insights on how technological changes have affected archival theory and practice are welcome, as are those that consider collaborative efforts and projects between different cultural heritage institutions. The history of archives/special collections and the development of the archival and curatorial professions in the western United States are also of particular interest.
The Journal of Western Archives will give archivists, manuscript curators, and graduate students in the American West a place to publish on topics of particular interest and relevance to them. The journal will consider for publication:
- Research articles
- Case studies
- Work-in-progress articles, and
- Book, exhibit, Web, and film review essays
Articles should pertain to one the following categories:
- Important Western regional issues in archives and manuscript repositories;
- Unique archival developments in the western United States;
- Technological innovations and their effect on archival theory and practice;
- The history and development of the archival and curatorial professions in the American West;
- Collaborative efforts and projects between various cultural institutions.
If you are interested in contributing to the journal or serving as a peer reviewer for journal content, please contact the managing editor, Ryan Lee.
As an open access journal, all Journal of Western Archives content may be read, downloaded, copied, distributed, printed, searched, or linked to without asking prior permission from the publisher or author.
Correspondence to the Journal of Western Archives can be addressed to: 1130 HBLL Brigham Young University Provo, UT 84602.