Submitting a Plan A Thesis or Dissertation

  1. Fill out the Thesis / Dissertation Format and Style (F&S) form on the graduate school website.
  2. Once approved, the Library will notify the School of Graduate Studies that all degree requirements have been met.

Submitting your Plan B/C

First, upload your Plan B/C to Digital Commons:
  1. After you have successfully defended your Plan B, and your committee has approved the final version of your report/creative project, upload your Plan B to Digital Commons.
  2. Click on the “Submit Research” link in the sidebar on the left at
  3. Log in or create an account.
  4. Read and accept the Submission Agreement.
  5. Fill in all the fields with the correct information. See the video on the Plan B page for more info.
  6. Upload a copy of your approved final document as well as any additional files. This could include additional pictures, maps, plates, video, audio, etc.
  7. Submit your Plan B/C.
  8. The library will contact your advisor for approval of your submission. Once approved, it will be published online.
  9. For a Plan B, the library will then notify the School of Graduate Studies that all degree requirements have been met.

Students requesting changes to thesis/dissertation:

Upon final deposit in the Institutional Repository (IR), a thesis/dissertation becomes part of the student’s official academic record. No changes may be made to the thesis or dissertation after it has been approved by the School of Graduate Studies.

A student may submit a request to include an addendum to the completed document. This requires the support of the thesis/dissertation chair and written approval from the Vice Provost for Graduate Studies. The author must submit a written request to the School of Graduate Studies including the proposed addendum and a letter of support from the dissertation chair. The School of Graduate Studies will forward the addendum and approval to the Library, and the addendum will be added to the record in the IR.

Questions? Contact the library at



Plan A Thesis/Dissertation, USU Libraries


Plan B/C Creative Project/Report, USU Libraries

Embargo Form, USU Libraries