Submitting a Plan A Thesis or Dissertation
- Fill out the Thesis / Dissertation Format and Style (F&S) form on the graduate school website.
- Once approved, the Library will notify the School of Graduate Studies that all degree requirements have been met.
Submitting your Plan B/C
First, upload your Plan B/C to Digital Commons:
- After you have successfully defended your Plan B, and your committee has approved the final version of your report/creative project, upload your Plan B to Digital Commons.
- Click on the “Submit Research” link in the sidebar on the left at http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/gradreports/
- Log in or create an account.
- Read and accept the Submission Agreement.
- Fill in all the fields with the correct information. See the video on the Plan B page for more info.
- Upload a copy of your approved final document as well as any additional files. This could include additional pictures, maps, plates, video, audio, etc.
- Submit your Plan B/C.
- Then, turn in the submission form:
- Download and fill out the submission form.
- Open on your computer (not your internet browser) or in Adobe Acrobat and fill in.
- Save as PlanB_LastName_ANumber (or PlanC_LastName_ANumber).
- Email the completed form to email@example.com. The form will then be sent to you via AdobeSign to capture your signature.
- Once you have uploaded and submitted your Plan B/C to DigitalCommons and completed the Plan B/C Creative Project/Report Form, your submission will be approved by the library and published online.
Students requesting changes to thesis/dissertation:
Upon final deposit in the Institutional Repository (IR), a thesis/dissertation becomes part of the student’s official academic record. No changes may be made to the thesis or dissertation after it has been approved by the School of Graduate Studies.
A student may submit a request to include an addendum to the completed document. This requires the support of the thesis/dissertation chair and written approval from the Vice Provost for Graduate Studies. The author must submit a written request to the School of Graduate Studies including the proposed addendum and a letter of support from the dissertation chair. The School of Graduate Studies will forward the addendum and approval to the Library, and the addendum will be added to the record in the IR.
Questions? Contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan A Thesis/Dissertation, USU Libraries
Plan B/C Creative Project/Report, USU Libraries
Embargo Form, USU Libraries